- Qualitative screening of Covid-19 antigen in human saliva samples
- For home use among suspected population with the develop of symptoms within 7 days (peak of viral load) or when the individual is in close contact.
- Diagnosis of stage in positive cases should be confirmed by PCR test.
Accuracy- IMR Approved
- Sensitivity: 91%
- Specificity: 100%
- Overall accuracy agreement: 96%
- Accredited Method to use as “Self-test kit”
- 2-25 °C
Direction for Use
Step 1: Open the seal of the reagent container. Connect the funnel to the reagent container.
Step 2: Split into funnel
Step 3: Cap the reagent container
Step 4: Squeeze & shake to mix
Step 5: Drop solution to test kit
Step 6: Check your result
If you see two red lines by C and T regions, it is a positive result. The lines can be distinct or faint. You are tested Covid-19 positive.
RT-PCR test is still required for a confirmation of a Covid-19 case. You are advised to seek medical attention immediately even though you might have no symptoms
Do follow the current SOP given
If you see one red line by C, and no line by T, it is a negative result.
You probably do not have Covid-19. However, you are advised to continue monitoring for symptoms if you suspect you might be exposed to the virus as there is a chance for a false-negative result
If you develop symptoms later on, you are advised to do a RT-PCR test as confirmation
If you do not see any lines, or one line by T only or C only, it is an invalid result. The test did not work
You will need to do another test with a new test kit.
– Disposal bag is included in individual test kit set.
– To dispose the used parts into the disposal bag provided and discard with the garbage.
- Test Kit x 1
- Funnel x 1
- Reagant Container x 1
- Cap x 1
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this test approved by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM)?
Yes, this test is registered and approved by the Medical Devices Authority (MDA) which is the medical devices division under the Ministry of Health.
- I accidentally spit too much saliva into the saliva collection kit, does it affect the accuracy?
No, it doesn’t. However do not spit lesser than the recommended amount into the saliva collection kit.
- Should I put all the reagent into the saliva collection kit?
Yes, please drop all the reagent into the saliva collection kit.
- I have accidentally exposed the test kit to high heat in my car, will the kit still be accurate?
The storage condition of the kit needs to be at 2ºc to 30 ºc and heat will affect the accuracy of the test. In that case, please purchase a new kit.
- Should I store the test kit in the fridge?
No, just store it in a cool place at home where it is around 2ºc to 30 ºc.
- I accidentally spilled the saliva and reagent mixture, what should I do?
Clean the surface with a disinfectant solution and leave to dry. Purchase a new test kit.
- If I did not shake 20 times and press 20 times, or I have lost count, what should I do?
Shake another 20 times and press another 20 times and proceed with the rest of the steps.